UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Rom for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y]
UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Rom for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
- Whats working.
- known Bugs.
- Flashing instruction.
- Download link.
- Video recording ( Doesn’t work just in the stock cam app, you can use it for Instagram, or with any third party camera app )
- NFC is broken ( J500FN )
- Maybe more
- Not Stable
- garylawwd – 25E
- Download the latest build and Gapps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and Gapps
- How to flash a Custom Rom
- J500H: https://download.msm8916.com/Lineage…TLY-j53gxx.zip
- J500FN: https://download.msm8916.com/Lineage…TLY-j5nlte.zip
- J500F/G/M/ Y: https://download.msm8916.com/Lineage…HTLY-j5lte.zip
- Google Apps: https://download.msm8916.com/OpenGApps/
- DO NOT Report bugs if you’re running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you’re doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo